I went there because they accepted my insurance. I had tooth pain and they gave me 25+ x-rays, including a panoramic that cost me $50.00 out of pocket, they told me they could not treat me without the panoramic x-ray.

I have never received that many x-rays in one visit, I’m 65 years old, I have been in a lot of dentist chairs. I know I have very minor plaque and they insisted I have a $4000.00 deep cleaning, that would be $10,000.00 + in a different zip code. I told the hygienist to just do a regular cleaning and she said no I will not, you need a deep cleaning. She and the doctor are in on this scam, because the doctor was grooming me for a deep cleaning from the first minute I was in the chair.

I need dental work but I will not return, I do not trust them at all.

Something is seriously wrong with the health care system in this country.

Product or Service Mentioned: Coast Dental Dental Cleaning.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

Topeka, Kansas, United States #1211544

Nothing is wrong with the "health care system." Everything is wrong when Wall Street investors circumvent the laws that prohibit non-dentists from owning dental practices.

The fact is your insurance is a joke and no honest dentist wants to lose money treating patients insured by that plan.

So who agrees to be on that insurance list? Crooks who own clinics like Coast.

SUGGESTION: Drop the crumby dental plan and seek a dentist in private practice based on reputation for honesty and competence.