Coast Dental - SmileCare Orthodontics --- Don't waste your money!
I am seeking a refund for unsatisfactory orthodontic care for my son's teeth.He's been with Smilecare for 3 years (started in July 2013) , but has been seen less than 15 times.
His brackets were repositioned twice, resulting in lopsided teeth. The last time his brackets were repostioned was in March 2016 by Dr. Shamlian. A week later, his teeth were lopsided and a big gap opened up in the front.
This is happening and yet, he is supposed to get his braces off in a few months. I asked the doctor to correct this and she became upset. Dr. Shamlian refused to continue care with my son and directed me to contact Smilecare Corporate Office to seek a full refund.
She indicated that she no longer wanted to work with us. Therefore, I sought a refund but now Smilecare is avoiding my calls, my inquiries, and brushing me off. I already sought a second opinion and my son is under the care of another orthodontist now. Although I am having to paid for new orthodontic care, it is better than being treated badly at Smilecare and the doctor doesn't explain anything and just wants her patients to trust her without questions.
Although she indicated it could be 1 to 2 more years for my son but cannot give me a time. I shared that my son has had the braces for 3 years already and cannot be wearing it for 1-2 more years, especially since the appointments are 2-3 months apart. So if the doctor cannot give me a timeline, and is refusing to continue care then my only option is to seek the care of another orthodontist. Dr.
Shamlian has destroyed my trust in her for providing care to my son by refusing to continue care with him. The office manager talked to her and convinced her to continue care, but they are demanding that I not say anything or express any concern when I see that there is no progress and when I see my son's teeth only getting worse. They have already destroyed my trust in their office, and more so, they've destroyed my son's trust in them. So my only option is to seek a refund so I may apply it towards orthodontic care from another orthodontist.
Yet, Smilecare would not give me the necessary paperwork to transfer my son, so I had to start as a new case at Unique Orthodontics for him. They continue to give me the run around and act like they do not know what's going on with my refund request. I am seeking remediation in the amount it will cost for my son to receive care at the new orthodontic office. I also want a copy of all my son's appointments, information about what was performed, and copies of his medical records.
I am very disappointed and regret having come here so much. It wasted time for my son and me, wasted money, and destroyed our trust in the doctor. But I do not believe all orthodontic offices are like this. This is just a very bad business and they do not care about their customers.
They are only open on Thursdays (one day a week). How do they expect to provide adequate and quality care to their patients? I did not know about this until I had already paid for my son's treatment in full on the first day I took him there, and I had already signed the contract. If I had known they only open once a week, I would not have gotten myself into this mess.
Appointments are extremely crowded and wait times are between 2-3 hours. I do not advise anyone to go to Smilecare if you love your child, and want quality patient care for him/her.
This place does not care about their patients at all, especially if they have already paid in full like I did.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Office staff
What I disliked
- Patient care
- Customer service
- Long wait times
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Avoid Cancun top dental in plaza las Americas, I took my wife for a revision because she was in pain,right from the get go they try to get her to..."
- "I went to Affordable Dentures on 07/2015 and technician took me X rays, she said that she had to remove 3 teeth, because 1 was shifted, 1 loose and 1..."
- "OMG dont do it , its a joke I had surgery 2014 I look worse than I did before the staff was very nice my self-esteem have went down..."
- "Worst expierence ever with this company. I spent £40.00 on flowers and they firstly did not send me a confirmation email. I had to call to find out if they..."
- "we bought an entire house of new windows from Lowe's in 2008. We paid a great deal of money for hurricane impact windows. One of the picture windows has developed..."
- "I ordered a pair of Super Timberland's as a gift for a friend. The items were received promptyly, however when the recipient received the gift the boots had been worn..."
- "If I could, I would leave them a negative number of stars for review. In a nutshell: THEIR SERVICE IS SO BAD THEY REFUSE TO GIVE OUT THE FULL..."
- "I have a lemon. Kitchenaid fridge 2 1/2 years old now completely worthless. And out of warranty I trusted they could fix. It is not fixable. They..."
- "So tonight I went to McDonald's through the drive thru in Fresno, CA on West Shield/Clinton. I purchased a #1 Big Mac meal for my 11 years old son..."